WMA Big Game Quota Hunt Results Available; Leftover Permits Go on Sale Aug. 28Thursday, August 15, 2013 | 08:28 am
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is announcing that the 2013 big game quota hunts have been posted. Application results can be viewed at the TWRA website, by clicking here.
When reviewing the application results, sportsmen must enter in only one form of identification without using dashes, spaces or special characters (for example 123456789) and then enter in the date of birth using the format mm/dd/yyyy ( example-06/10/1967). If you have multiple hunt applications for the year, you will need to select the drop down box and choose the quota hunt that you wish to view the results for.
The award status column will tell you if you were unsuccessful or awarded for each hunt code. Permits and unsuccessful notices will be going in the mail by the end of the week of Aug. 19-23.
There are leftover permits available for two areas in the WMA hunts. Leftover WMA permits will go on sale Aug. 28, at 8 a.m. (CDT). Purchasing a leftover permit does not affect a person’s priority standing.
1) Permits can be purchased at any TWRA license agent. The privilege codes are 331 for customers who have the Lifetime Sportsman (types 401 thru 406), Annual Sportsman (004) or the Senior Citizen License (type 165 or 166) combined with an Annual Senior Citizen Supplemental (Type 167). The code for all other license holders is 338 and cost is $10. The receipt will serve as the permit; no permits will be mailed. No phone sales will be accepted.
2) Individuals can only obtain one permit.
3) Hunters cannot purchase leftover permits for an area from which they were selected in the regular drawing.
4) Hunters cannot purchase leftover permits for an area which has the same or overlapping dates as the hunts they were selected for during the regular drawing.
5) Hunters can purchase permits for others as long as they have all their pertinent information. The same one (1) permit allowance applie
Code Location Equipment Type Dates Total Available
21 Laurel Hill Gun Dec. 20-22 298
Antler restrictions apply; One deer, buck only
34 Prentice Cooper Archery Sept. 21-23 88
2 deer, only 1 antlered