NASHVILLE—The Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development announced the next five Select Tennessee Certified Sites. The Select Tennessee program was launched in June 2012 with the goal of helping Tennessee communities prepare available sites for investment and expansion. The program sets a consistent and rigorous standard upon which companies can rely in making critical location decisions. The five sites are:
• Aviation Park, Site 1: Sullivan County (Cargo Center Drive, Blountville)
• Aerotropolis Logistics Park Site: Shelby County (4542 American Way, Memphis)
• Cardiff Valley Road Site: Roane County (Cardiff Valley Road, Rockwood)
• North Etowah Industrial Park Site: McMinn County (Industrial Drive, Etowah)
• Northwest Tennessee Regional Industrial Center: Obion County (Highway 51 & State Road 21, Union City)
"In an increasingly competitive global marketplace, Tennessee must continue to set itself apart on every level. Beyond our state's ideal location, high quality workforce, low tax rate and business-friendly environment, we know having an attractive site ready to go may make the difference in attracting new investment or expansion,” ECD Commissioner Bill Hagerty said. “By choosing one of these five Select Tennessee Certified Sites, companies have the certainty that the Select Tennessee site will be operational in the shortest possible timeframe. This certification to international standards has been performed by world class leading site selection firms Austin Consulting and The Foote Consulting Group. And in today's competitive environment, this distinction will set us apart from an internationally competitive field."