Hamblen County Driver Service Center Temporarily ClosedFriday, August 17, 2012 | 11:27 am
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security today announced that the Hamblen County Driver Service Center, located at 1901 State St. in Morristown, Tenn., is temporarily closed due to a building maintenance issue. The center will be closed until further notice.
During the closure, citizens may visit nearby driver service centers in Greene or Sevier Counties. Additionally, the county clerks’ offices in Hamblen, Cocke, Hancock, Hawkins, and Jefferson Counties can also produce duplicates and renewals for non-commercial driver licenses. Citizens may also renew online at www.tn.gov.
Nearby driver service options are located at the following facilities:
- Greene County Reinstatement Driver Service Center - 1210 Hal Henard Road, Greeneville
- Sevier County Driver Service Center - 1220 Graduate Drive, Sevierville
- Hamblen County Clerk’s Office - College Square Mall, 2550 E. Morris Blvd., Morristown
- Cocke County Clerk’s Office - 111 Court Avenue, Room 101, Newport
- Hancock County Clerk’s Office - 418 Harrison Street, Suite 98, Sneedville
- Hawkins County Clerk’s Office - 110 East Main Street, #204, Rogersville
- Jefferson County Clerk’s Office - 214 W. Main Street, Dandridge
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security’s (www.TN.Gov/safety) mission is to ensure the safety and general welfare of the public. The department encompasses the Tennessee Highway Patrol, the Office of Homeland Security and Driver License Services. General areas of responsibility include law enforcement, safety education, motorist services and terrorism prevention.