Union City Driver Services Center Moving to New LocationTuesday, November 18, 2008 | 11:46 am
Station Will be Closed Thursday and Friday
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee Department of Safety (TDOS) will be closing its Driver Services Center in Union City, Tennessee, located at 1420 South First Street, and moving operations to a new facility, located at 1604 West Reelfoot Avenue. The current Driver Services Center will be closed on Thursday, November 20, 2008, and Friday, November 21, 2008. The new office will be open for business on Monday, November 24, 2008. The move gives TDOS the opportunity to move into a larger space that will allow us to serve our customers more efficiently.
The new center will open for business on Monday, November 24, 2008. Hours of business will continue to be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Customers may also utilize Driver Service Centers in Dyersburg or Dresden. The Dyersburg station, located at 361 James H. Rice Road, is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Dresden center is located at 8598 Highway 22 and is open Tuesday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Dyersburg Driver Service Center:
- Take Hwy 51 to Dyersburg.
- Take Exit 13 and turn left at the stop sign.
- Turn left at the 2nd traffic light. This will take you between Wal-Mart and Dyersburg Mall.
- Go approximately 1 mile and turn left at Rick Hill Nissan.
- Turn right onto Community Park Road.
- Go approximately 1 mile and turn left onto James H. Rice Road.
Dresden Driver Service Center:
- Take Highway 431 South.
- Turn slight right onto Highway 22 South
- Go approximately 6 miles to Driver License Center located at 8598 Highway 22.
Customers can also visit our website at www.tn.gov/safety to make a road test appointment or obtain a duplicate license or renew their driver license.
The Tennessee Department of Safety’s mission is (www.tennessee.gov/safety) to ensure the safety and general welfare of the public. The department encompasses the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Office of Homeland Security and Driver License Services. General areas of responsibility include law enforcement, safety education, motorist services and terrorism prevention.