New Lincoln County Driver Service Center OpenWednesday, October 22, 2008 | 02:22 pm
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee Department of Safety (TDOS) is opening a new Driver Service Center in Fayetteville, Tenn, and closing the one currently located at 4120 Thornton Taylor Parkway. The new facility will be located in a neighboring building located at 4110 Thornton Taylor Parkway.
The current Fayetteville Driver Service Center will be closed on Thursday, October 23, 2008. The facility will also be closed on Friday, when it is normally closed for business. The move gives TDOS the opportunity to move into a larger space that will allow us to serve our customers more efficiently.
- Take 231 going north into Shelbyville.
- Turn right onto Madison Street/US-41 ALT for 1.9 miles.
- Turn left onto North Hillcrest Drive.
- Go approximately 3/10 of a mile and turn left onto Railroad Ave. Our Driver Service Center is on the left.
- Take Interstate 65 north.
- Take the TN-50 exit, Exit 37, towards Columbia/Lewisburg.
- Turn left onto TN-50/New Lewisburg Highway.
- Turn left into US-412. Our Driver Service Center is approximately 2.3 miles ahead on US-412/Hampshire Pike.
The Tennessee Department of Safety’s mission is (www.tennessee.gov/safety) to ensure the safety and general welfare of the public. The department encompasses the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Office of Homeland Security and Driver License Services. General areas of responsibility include law enforcement, safety education, motorist services and terrorism prevention.